March 9-16

 I'm running out of ideas for how to start these so have a picture of a dog playing the clarinet 






☀️Monday was our final district p-day and we went to the chapel to play some games when I learned speed Solitaire. It was good day no further comments at this time.

☀️Tuesday I don't remember much other than dinner with Peter Wilkins and it was so much fun! He told us some great stories about his mission in Montana and how he was able to utilize his English Accent for the work by posting flyers around the town about a sermon held by a visitor from England and the whole town came! I don't think I could get away with it, with my barely surviving southern accent over here 🤠 

☀️Wednesday we went to visit our friend Alan! It was so great and he's trying so hard to change his life which is so amazing to see. We were able to teach him more about God's love for him and it's a little hard for him to accept right now because of different experiences in his life but he's excited to try something new! Dinner with the Mendozas later that day which was great as always 🥳

☀️Thursday was an in person lesson with our friend who is so amazing and has been sending us the prayers she has been writing since she learned about all of this for the first time. We then went to read with sister Ossei-Kissi who struggles with her sight. She has the most amazing testimony and her and her children are all filled with charity and the desire to serve. 

☀️Friday was a great finding day! We met so many amazing people and they wanted to learn more about church and to come with us. We got to run after people, I had a woman who abruptly stopped and then got super close to my face just to very slowly say “n o o o, s o r r y, w e ‘ r e n o t i n t e r e s t e d.” it was very amusing but you just had to be there! 

☀️Saturday we had an amazing lesson with our friend Alex who is praying about being baptized on April 5th so keep him in your prayers! We went to visit an elderly member of the ward named Kathë whose life could be turned into a movie. She moved from Germany shortly after the war and hearing about her experiences, family, and seeing the photo was incredible! We went to do some finding and visiting referrals, taught our friend Chris 

☀️Sunday was a day of miracles. We had 13 of our friends come to church and I got to have every one of my Sunday morning fears come to pass as our friend kept showing up and the rides we had lined up kept falling through. God is good though and all of our friends made it to church 🙏. We had a testimony meeting with our friends and a few members in the second hour in place of the normal Sunday school and it was so amazing. The service concluded and we then realized in our haste to meet our friends for church, we ran out before grabbing something to have for lunch but the Mendoza family saved the day and had us over for lunch, came to teach an in-person lesson with us, and then let us do our work in their house until dinner where they fed us once again. I. LOVE. THE. MENDOZAS. Their little girl has just learned how to do 6 / 7 before she can even speak and we got to hear so many stories about how they came to London and their testimonies. It was just the best 🥹
 

I want to share with you a quote I read this week as I was studying about the atonement of Jesus Christ 

“We must know Christ better than we know him; we must remember him more often than we remember him; we must serve him more valiantly than we serve him. Then we will drink water springing up unto eternal life and will eat the bread of life”
 - Howard W. Hunter 

I know that everything I have learned about Christ is only a fragment of His life, purpose, and mission. Jesus Christ is the only way and the more we learn, feel, and do, the more we will see the results of applying His sacrifice in our lives. This gospel is true, Jesus is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. Every detail matters and I would love to invite everyone to take the time every week on Sunday, even If only five minutes, and study something new about the atonement of Jesus Christ. Watch and see how your life will change because I know it will for the better 

I love you all so much and I hope you have a fantabulous week! 

Clean your Toasters,
  Sister Russell 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹