Sept 8-15

 Say Goodbye to your Tooth


Skip to Wednesday for the story but for now, enjoy my week again as I write this whole email in a single train ride. 

☀️Monday park p-day celebrating the september birthdays in the district and it was quite, as the kids say, fun! We tried to catch a duck and ate meta AI Brownies. 

☀️Tuesday was good day and we went to the chapel to teach lessons and almost ate dirt as we tried to hop the chapel fence so we didn't have to open it… it was successful so no worries. We also went to a member's house and their child is precious and she would follow us around everywhere we went! 

☀️Wednesday, sister Shahid got an appointment with the dentist and I witnessed first hand the next plot of the SAW film series… She had to have one of her molars extracted and watching this man literally crack the teeth out of her head was not pleasant to say the least and the fear I have as at one point she turns to smile at me and blood just trickles slowly out of the side of her mouth… I need therapy now. We also got stuck there for 45 minutes waiting on payment info to come through so we were hostage. Fun day :)

☀️Thursday we had our district council so we headed to Bracknell and got to see a massive rainbow since obviously, it rains in England. We met some of the coolest people though as we were travelling and had a cool DA where we once again got to eat some scones with jam and clotted cream… better than it sounds but I'm making authentic southern biscuits for these people on Sunday. 

☀️Friday was weekly planning and some great finding! I have so much fun just talking with people! Surprising I know! Had some lessons with our new members and then exchanges with sister Wanjiku and we crocheted together and learned to make cows! I had so much fun! 

☀️Saturday was the ward BBQ so we got to meet up and spend some time with the members very grateful for this transfer and the people I've met here! It feels like every time I move, I add more people to my family! Sister Wanjiku and I got to do a lot of finding and sister Shahid made us some Biriyani for dinner. I have now successfully learned how to eat rice (chawal) with my hands. Spell checked by sister Shahid ✅️

☀️AMAZING SUNDAY!!!!! We went to church and had some friends come! We were also able to teach the lesson for the young woman and talk about the support God gives us during trials whether because of personal causes or the actions of others and how we can find peace! I realized as we were teaching how much my trust in the Lord has changed during my mission. We were able to tell these girls about how missions are not even a sacrifice because of how much comes from it. I will be grateful for my mission for the rest of my life. We went finding in the pouring rain and got completely soaked but I've never been happier! 

I'm just full of gratitude today for my mission and for Jesus Christ. The changes it has made in me was unthinkable at one point in my life. I know that if you're searching for peace, if you're longing for hope, and pleading for belonging, turn to Jesus Christ. Through Him you will gain all of those things and more than you could ever imagine. I know that He speaks to us today and that He is the source of joy and light that we can love in every day even in the midst of struggles. 

Ok, serious Sister Russell aside, I am on a quest to collect every grandmother hobby ever made so stay tuned for the cross stitching adventure I have started. 

Im tired 
Take your Vitamin C,
Sister Russell







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16