Feb 9-16
Insert Funny Title Here
Another Email for you people (a.k.a. my friends and family 
)
The mental energy it requires to write these each week is unbelievable But alas, someone's gotta do it
Monday, sister Byrne and I explored Hatfield and it was ‘saur foon’ (‘so fun’ in Irish). We also made a pillow fort in the living room (two separate beds of course). I also made cinnamon rolls on this day, which was really fun. Good stuff.
Finding Grind Tuesday! Sister Byrne and I had nearly 5 hours of finding and met so many cool people. God is so good and he makes miracles happen. We also taught this really amazing lesson in person with a friend who's exploring Christianity for the first time, pray for my buddy Rahul! We also got to watch President oak's first devotional as a prophet, and wow, it was exactly what I needed to hear! Go listen to it if you haven't yet
Honestly, don't remember much about Wednesday, so have this picture of a fish as a Judge
Thursday we went finding in the morning before the district council and on the way back, we started to meet some of the coolest people ever. There's a really cool guy who's coming to church next week, and he's very interested in learning more! Also, my toilet seat snapped in half.
Friday was all over the place! We went to have lunch with one of the members who ended up giving us her entire fridge worth of groceries and amazing stories! She also gave me a Penguin, which of course meant I had to tell her the best joke that has ever been created involving two penguins on an iceberg Iykyk. (Needless to say, she didn't find it funny). Back to weekly planning with the stevenage sisters , and then home to teach and finish planning.
Saturday was an insane day! Whiteboard finding in the morning, met some really cool people and got some great responses to the question “Who has changed your life?”. 3 young boys who all wrote Jesus on the board and were so happy that other people had written Jesus's name as well. Cut to another man telling us that not following the government has changed his life… we were astonished. We then went to one of the most humbling experiences of my mission watching a woman receive a blessing in the hospital. It just helped me to realize how powerful the gift of the priesthood is in bringing comfort to people. We finished off our Valentine's Day by going out for dinner to get ice cream.
Sister Byrne and I gave talks on Sunday, which was really cool and sister Byrne absolutely killed. It was so good we got to speak on how Jesus Christ makes people feel like they belong, which I was so happy to talk about as I know He seeks out all those who are lost! Followed up by teaching some lessons and then got to go to one of the absolute best dinners of my life with Olivera's. Their family is so much fun and I got promoted from sister 4 to sister 1 by Pedro after a test of character 

This is it for my email. We have just started week 4 of 6 in this transfer and I am absolutely amazed at how quickly it's going. So many people told me that the mission would go so quick and I've told so many people that they are absolutely crazy , but now I eat my words.
I just want to take a moment to share how grateful I am for Jesus Christ. I know that because of Him everything is possible. Take a moment to think of someone who has changed your life in some way and share with them what impact they have had on you in any way you can! Or don't, I don't care 

Happy valentine's day



Don't forget to water the flamingos,
Sister Russell




Comments
Post a Comment