Jan 26- Feb 2
Where's your southern accent?
To be honest, I do not remember what happened last week so here's a fresh update for you!
Monday was great, sister Shaban and I spent a final p-day together packing and sleeping... It was the best other than the fact that I hate packing so sleeping was the thing that was good!
Tuesday was transfers and cut to sister Shaban and I fighting for our life trying to vacuum out the car in the pouring rain with a vacuum that wouldn't cut off when we were done. Then she left me to go with her new companion in slough and I got my temporary comp sister Merrill until my new companion came in on Wednesday! We had our trainers meeting and then set off to scrub down the flats that our new missionaries would be coming into because the flats were as the kids say “vile”...
Wednesday I GOT MY NEW COMP! Everyone please welcome……. SISTER BYRNE! She's from Northern Ireland but everyone thinks she's American because her accent is very mild which she hates! We're out here ballin' in Hatfield though and she's absolutely killing it! We've been having so much fun! She's also disappointed that I'm lacking a southern accent so touchè
Thursday - Saturday we were cooking out here! Hatfield is so blessed and we've been absolutely loving it here! Had some fire weekly planning, got lost going to a DA so it took us an extra 30 minutes, met the cutest dog in the world, did whiteboard finding in the rain, targeted elderly people with the “what happens after this life” question, had some crazy words thrown out at a Dinner appointment, and so much more! I'm excited for this transfer! Plus we found laser tag In the flat so we're covered
Sunday went to church and got to explore Stevenage chapel for the first time! It was so great and we had some great friends coming to church! Stay tuned for the miracles because they're loading! We went to a roast dinner DA which was amazing as always and finished the night playing laser tag and calling family! This is not the best email ever but that's okay because I won a game of kahoot at church so Sunday! So that was cool! I have very much been confronted with my weaknesses this past week but wow am I so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who was perfect so I didn't have to be. I've been trying my best but I recognize I always fall short of the goals I have for myself but I have never felt closer to my Savior than in the moments where he's helping me over the walls! I know this Gospel is true and if you're searching for Joy, this is the place to find it!
Have a great week everyone and stay warm,
Don't forget to put cinnamon in your hot chocolate (trust me),


Comments
Post a Comment