March 2-9

 Email Time. Put on your reading glasses and lock in 


☀️ Monday we did absolutely nothing. It was glorious! We did our shopping and then just hung out at the flat before jumping back into work and teaching some amazing people as always!

☀️ Tuesday was our Hatfield Day with other sisters! We left first thing in the morning, came to kidnap them and came back to our area so they could do some finding with us! It was good times and we met this one man who can probably hold his breath for at least 20 minutes because at home much talking was done with absolutely no pauses in between. He's writing a book about the 3 Abrahamic faiths and I think he went through the entire 3,000 word count with us on the street. Another man we met has been struggling recently saying he felt like be disappointed God so we got to share with him about the love God has for him and it was amazing. We then had our weekly meal with the Mendozas so I got to be a jungle gym once again for their baby. I truly love that family! 

☀️ Wednesday we went to do some pretty uneventful door knocking and then went to have lunch with a member who told us some amazing stories and it was so amazing to hear about the change that the gospel has made in her life and as per usual, the conversation was had over a Colombian meal large enough to feed a small army. We re-contacted a person who was taught previously and he is so amazing and prepared for the gospel! Please pray for Mason! Went to institute that night to run around and introduce and matchmake our friends with some YA then rushed out to the car to teach lessons… Good times 

☀️ Our final Harlow district council and the deaths of Sister Wilkinson, Sister Keeler, and Elder Sangoma as their final week in the mission is ending! We then went finding filled with bashers and miracles so very well rounded! We also taught a guy using Google translate which was so amazing! 

☀️Friday not much to report other than we got to go over to the Arjonas and it was great! 

☀️ Saturday was pure chaos… we rushed to go teach our friend in town center in the morning cause he had to change the time and then we do some door knocking later where we mastered the art of ring doorbell messages, we meet this one guy who was super interested, and the last guy we talk to was an elderly man who speaks at us for. 45. MINUTES. I speaks at us because as you well know, there was no gap in the stories or conversation for us to get a word in. But, we know we were supposed to be there for him because he desperately needed someone to talk to after a long time of being on his own. We found a gap and we rushed to our car to go meet with the Basa Family whose told us that their son is putting in his mission papers and we're so excited for them! We also got to learn the lore of “Carrot road” and you'll never know 🤫

☀️ Oh bless Sunday this day was so busy. We rushed to a different city to go help our friends get to church and had 9 friends to greet! They were all so amazing, Mason who's on a date for Baptism! The family of 5, Neyo ,Allen (who at the beginning, hated everything about the church, but by the end said it was the best experience of his life and he'll be coming back) Alex, and Ken, who looked on Google that morning for a church and found his way to ours…God is so good. We had a munch and mingle after and went to teach the family of 5 in their home with one of our members, and I love in person lessons, they are the best! We then went to dinner with a member! They told us, Hey, just be there at 4 but lo and behold, the food was not ready until a little past 6, because it was a Brazilian barbecue… no complaints about the food as i am forever changed by the Brazilians, but we were trapped for 3 hours and 45 minutes on Sunday. Cut to us doing all of our studies and contacting in this member's home. And I tried to get the family to appreciate the beautiful creation that is root beer floats, but their hearts are hardened and they cannot see. But I converted one of them 💪 Sleepover at the Stevenage sister's flat as we say Goodbye to sister Keeler and played Decoding Zarahemla! 

Okay! I don't have any connection so this may send way later but I promise it has been completed at 6:20pm! 
I love you all so much and I just want to share how grateful I am for this gospel! I know that God knows each one of us personally and we are all within his reach! I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and I know that it is through and because of Him that hope is alive. He lives. He loves. and I am so grateful to be His disciple. I hope you all have a wonderful week and remember Him in everything! 

Use your produce,
   Sister Russell 


*Sage proudly found a food truck with her Aunt Donna's name on it




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16