April 6-13
| Mon, Apr 13, 1:26 PM | |||
| ||||
I want to know where this time has gone…it is transfers once again and I'm trying to find the energy to finish this email while packing. That's right, Sister Russell is moving once again so stay tuned to find out ( yes this is click bait)
Monday was a chill day at the flat. Nothing much to report. We got some Subway and did some shopping. Thank you
Tuesday great finding time, and meeting some really cool people. We drove around to visit a million different referrals, none of which were home, and we concluded the night with an absolutely diabolical dinner appointment at a member's home. The typical dinner is supposed to last an hour and a half and we were there for 2 and a 1/2 hours whoopsie, daisies… we did watch the kid eat and entire tun of ice cream to himself while slowly going more and more pale.
Wednesday we had in person lessons. We met Benny at the campus and had a really good lesson with him. He's doing so good and he's going to get baptized in Hong Kong, which is cool. And then we had an in-person lesson with our friend, Mohammed at a park where we were searching for a bench for nearly half the lesson time, it was devastating. Then we had a lesson with our friend Lisa, who is doing so well learning about the restoration. And then we had another dinner at the Mendoza's and finished up with lessons with Alex, our new member, he's so golden. I will miss that brother!
Thursday District Council day, nothing much to report on. We did have an amazing dinner that evening with the heads, Roger and Moira, it was so great seeing them and I've been promised that should I ever come back to visit with my family, they will have a room ready for us. So whoop whoops! Also, since our friend Benny was leaving for Hong Kong for the entire summer, he wanted to be baptized before he left, which would mean he needed to be baptized on this Sunday… The 12th of April… we did our best to have a shotgun baptism but needless to say it did not work out
Friday the chillest weekly planning We were finally able to do an efficient one where we had all the time we needed to sit and to consider our friends. We have some amazing people we're teaching here in Stevenage, and sister Byrne is going to rock it as she stays here next to transfer with sister Jacobson! Where will I be going? You will see at the end of this email, just have to keep your attention
Saturday we had another lesson with Benny, and he's going to be meeting with missionaries in Hong Kong when he goes, which is so exciting! Then we spent the rest of our Day Out finding and having dinner at the Basa family's home and we went to visit an elderly woman named Yvonne. She's so sweet, she's teaching me how to crochet squares because I forgor… At the Bassa family, we got to teach Sebastian and the family. They are so sweet and we got to eat a lot of Filipino food, which is always great
Sunday was a blessed day as always. We had 8 people come to church, I had to say goodbye to the members which is always the hardest part but I'm absolutely coming back to visit the family I've met in Stevenage! We got to teach an in person lesson with one of our friends at lunch with the Arjona family and it was so much fun! We also got to teach the family of five and put them on date for baptism for the 17th of May! They are so amazing! We then helped with English class and then came back!!
Monday was a chill day at the flat. Nothing much to report. We got some Subway and did some shopping. Thank you
Tuesday great finding time, and meeting some really cool people. We drove around to visit a million different referrals, none of which were home, and we concluded the night with an absolutely diabolical dinner appointment at a member's home. The typical dinner is supposed to last an hour and a half and we were there for 2 and a 1/2 hours whoopsie, daisies… we did watch the kid eat and entire tun of ice cream to himself while slowly going more and more pale.
Wednesday we had in person lessons. We met Benny at the campus and had a really good lesson with him. He's doing so good and he's going to get baptized in Hong Kong, which is cool. And then we had an in-person lesson with our friend, Mohammed at a park where we were searching for a bench for nearly half the lesson time, it was devastating. Then we had a lesson with our friend Lisa, who is doing so well learning about the restoration. And then we had another dinner at the Mendoza's and finished up with lessons with Alex, our new member, he's so golden. I will miss that brother!
Thursday District Council day, nothing much to report on. We did have an amazing dinner that evening with the heads, Roger and Moira, it was so great seeing them and I've been promised that should I ever come back to visit with my family, they will have a room ready for us. So whoop whoops! Also, since our friend Benny was leaving for Hong Kong for the entire summer, he wanted to be baptized before he left, which would mean he needed to be baptized on this Sunday… The 12th of April… we did our best to have a shotgun baptism but needless to say it did not work out
Friday the chillest weekly planning We were finally able to do an efficient one where we had all the time we needed to sit and to consider our friends. We have some amazing people we're teaching here in Stevenage, and sister Byrne is going to rock it as she stays here next to transfer with sister Jacobson! Where will I be going? You will see at the end of this email, just have to keep your attention
Saturday we had another lesson with Benny, and he's going to be meeting with missionaries in Hong Kong when he goes, which is so exciting! Then we spent the rest of our Day Out finding and having dinner at the Basa family's home and we went to visit an elderly woman named Yvonne. She's so sweet, she's teaching me how to crochet squares because I forgor… At the Bassa family, we got to teach Sebastian and the family. They are so sweet and we got to eat a lot of Filipino food, which is always great
Sunday was a blessed day as always. We had 8 people come to church, I had to say goodbye to the members which is always the hardest part but I'm absolutely coming back to visit the family I've met in Stevenage! We got to teach an in person lesson with one of our friends at lunch with the Arjona family and it was so much fun! We also got to teach the family of five and put them on date for baptism for the 17th of May! They are so amazing! We then helped with English class and then came back!!I'm almost out of time so forgive the 20 million typos! Transfer news…..
I'm going back to Slough and going back with my sister Shaban! I'm so excited to be back in my old area with one of my previous companions! I'm going to miss my child sister Byrne but I know that she's going to thrive here in Stevenage
Stay blessed
Don't forget to check your fire alarm,
Sister Russell




Comments
Post a Comment