April 13-20

 Wednesday P-Day?!?!? 

Indeed. Don't worry I'm not trunky, we had our zone conference on Monday this week so this is our new p-day. 
Here are your updates!

☀️Monday sister Byrne and I spent one last p-day in Stevenage! It was great running around Stevenage and getting everything packed and ready for transfers, and by we, I mean I helplessly rolled around aimlessly on the floor and pretended my things would pack themselves until the last possible moment… finished off the day with some great ending and robbing more flowers from nature for my books. 
☀️Tuesday was transfers where I parted ways with my mission bebe Sister Byrne and reunited with my dearest Sister Shaban! We got one of the new mission cars to drive so as Ratchet (from the 2005 classic ‘robots’) would say “upgrades people, upgrades”. Back to the blessed land of slough and got right back into the work complete with a warm welcome back to the slough highstreet as I saw a man peeing on the wall of the car park…its good to be back 
☀️Wednesday we had lunch with Peter and Yvonne. Also, their grand baby who I met here 6 months ago is walking now!! Time has gone so fast.. we had our first district council with Hayes and I quickly realized that over the course of my mission I have served in a grand total of 3 districts (Harlow, River Wey, and Hayes). It's just kinda crazy. Was yelled at by a man who said we were preaching blasphemy saying that the sacrifice of the passover lamb in Exodus was symbolic of the sacrifice of Jesus Chirst. He then proceeded to follow and talk to every person we would talk to yell at them as well. We had a lesson with a man who was love sick and did not believe that the love of Christ was the cure so we used the scriptures to teach him about repentance. 
☀️ Thursday we witnessed the true definition of a missionary meal as one of the elders brought a watermelon, protein yogurt, and a protein shake for lunch. Astounded is what I was. We then got to go to dinner with the Bishop's family and it was so great seeing everyone again! It was made even better that they actually remembered me so I didn't have to do the awkward thing of reintroducing yourself to someone you've already met! 
☀️ Friday was just some great weekly planning and we went finding in Maidenhead which is a very small town full of very posh people. Needless to say, it was entertaining as always 😁 We then had dinner with Vianny who got Baptized with her husband when I was here before! 
☀️ Saturday I tried to learn how to play monopoly deal with the Reading district and it did not go very well… finding was great and we met so many people who have heard of the church before! But nothing could have prepared me for the random man with head phones on who ran up to me, jumped into a squat, and screamed “BABIDIBIBIDY” and then walk away slowly like a vogue model like nothing happened… in case you didn't know, I love this place 😂
☀️ Sunday was my first day getting to see all of the members again and it made me so happy! I know this is going to be what it feels like when everyone meets up after this life as well! It was such a beautiful Sunday and I'm just so grateful for the blessing of being able to go to church and worship freely. I would invite each of you to make a plan to study the atonement of Jesus Christ every Sunday and learn and take the time to learn of Him! There's nothing better to do with your time than give it to God.
☀️ Monday! Surprise, surprise, not p day! We had zone conference which was great and it was my last one in the mission which is crazy! Time is moving so quickly and it seems like just last week I was sitting in my first zone conference! I was able to conquer a huge goal of mine and performed the musical number for the conference. The mountain has been overcome! I got to see Sister Byrne and bully her for being Irish once again. We then had exchanges so I went to River Wey with Sister Villarmino and in my haste to pack that morning, I forgot a pillow so I stuffed a sweater with my towel and a dress and God magnified the efforts because I actually slept! 
☀️ Tuesday reunited with Sister Shaban, lunch with sister Romney, finding in slough which included learning about the ‘Cosmic Christ’ (which sounds very much like a superhero to me but alas…). Also, asking a man where we he thinks we are going after this life and he just looks at me with pure confusion and says "I'm just going over there" while pointing to a store and then he walked away. Playing Mo with the sisters, which is the best card game I have played in my life, and celebrating that we survived till p-day! 

I'm so sick of typing so I can only imagine that you are also sick of reading! Feel free to delete this to clean up space in your inbox :) 
Have a fantabulous day and remember that God loves you! 

Take your Vitamins, 
   Sister Russell 

A member was telling me this recipe for a microwave cake and I wrote it in the first place I was in which was my email draft so you all can have it too 

Microwave cake?? 
150 g self-rising flour  
150 g caster sugar 
150 g butter 
1 egg per 50g of sugar ( 3 eggs) 
Microwave 8 minutes 
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16