April 27-May 4

 Talking out my email once again so that I actually have the motivation to finish it. Prepare yourself for another yap fest.


☀️Monday was district p day at the chapel. We went and got chipotle for lunch and then went to the chapel with the elders where I had to show them up in some games not so much volley ball but in knockout where I beat them… twice… the spirit of Lebron James must have been with me because i'm never usually good at basketball

☀️Tuesday was MLC!! I love this meeting! It is so spiritual and it was so great seeing how everyone's ideas can come together and a true direction and vision for the work can come forward! Not much else happened this day so… Onto the next one 

☀️Wednesday District council with Riverwey and picnic for lunch. We has finding in slough where we met some very interesting people as always… met the Whitakers at the chapel to have dinner with them and got to extend a date for our friend for baptism!! Please pray for Felix! 

☀️Thursday I began the morning by becoming one of the most wanted criminals in the snail world as on our morning run, one misplaced step and a crunch later, and I became a murderer. I felt so terrible. We then had district council and then had exchanges with Sister Castillo and Sister Adeleye in Bracknell! It's so fun getting to go back and see areas I've previously served in! I also got to teach Lewis again which was so special! He's just amazing and has been coming to church for over a year and a half but just can't be baptized yet! 

☀️Friday we got to plan in the park because the sun had finally came out! During planning we got a call from President saying we needed to pack our backs because we would need to be moving into the Bracknell flat for a week with the sisters! We rushed home, packed, and then headed back to Bracknell! I’m so happy to be back! Its so funny to be driving the same roads I was on a year ago but as a completely different person! The work is slough is going amazing though and the people are so good… until Saturday

☀️Saturday. The day of opportunity and oppositions. This is the day I truly walk the path of Christ as we walk through streets of slough and we get stopped by all people, Christian pastors and preachers, catholic nuns, believers of Islam, you name it, they are there. Once they see our tags, the games begin. It's always my goal to turn any interaction into a good one by the end of it so everyone leave on good terms and it's also such a great day because we always find the coolest people! We did have a man run up and hit a Mariah Carrey level whistle note in our ears and saw a woman talking to herself on the street… I love slough! 

☀️Sunday was amazing!! We had 8 people come to church with us and God is so good! The lessons that we had and the testimonies shared were exactly what our friends needed and it led to our friend Felix accepting a day for baptism!! We are so happy for him and he is so excited that he's receiving answers to his questions! 

One of our friends who I was here teaching 6 months ago shared with us that he was feeling so down a couple of weeks ago because he's feeling as though his momentum has slowed and he was missing how he felt when his journey with Christ started. The day after, the news came that I was coming back. I know that God is guiding every part of this work. 6 months ago when I extended my mission without really knowing why, being here in slough again I am back in contact with so many people who remember me and are ready now to move forward in their journey with Christ. Being and instrument in God's hands is truly one of the most amazing feelings and I encourage you to find one way to participate in missionary work this week! Say hello to new people, sit next to someone who sits alone at church, share a kind word with someone on the street, join a discussion with the missionaries. There is no work more important than gathering the lost and helping them find a purpose!

I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! 

Clean your vacuum filter, 
   Sister Russell 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16