May 11-18

 Currently writing this email while sitting in an Emergency room… not for me, and not my fault! I'll get into that story later though


Now for the weekly recap I know you've been anxiously waiting for! I'm going to say it all , so it's probably going to be long. 

☀️ Monday was the laziest p-day. We went into slough and ate some 5 star Iraqi cuisine. Then wasted away at the flat all day. That is all. 

☀️ Tuesday is a normal day but we met one of the coolest people ever on the street and got to teach him about the restoration! He loved it so much and said that it answered so many questions for him. 

☀️ Wednesday went finding in Burnham on the lively high street. We probably talked to a grand total of 10 people. On the way back though, I found some cool flowers, which I was able to grab as we were running past. Why were we running you ask? because we were trying to escape a massive storm that was coming our way… We almost made it, but of course, we talk to everyone, so we talked to a woman and said, do you have 2 minutes to hear a message about Jesus Christ. She said, yes, and then it started pouring rain… and hail. And then we proceeded to continue finding as we were being pelted with ice from the sky ✌️ Dryed our hair under the chapel hand dryer and then had dinner with one of the members. Had to lock 2 cars into the church parking lot because they abandoned their cars there and we had to leave. We think we locked in wizards, though, because the cars were gone the next day and we did not unlock the gate.

☀️ Thursday we had an exchange with the Staines sisters. Sister Castagna joined me for a wonderful time in Slough. We met a woman who was transfixed on a dead Pigeon that had been hit by a bus…She then proceeded to tell us “I had a dream about a pigeon that was stuck in a jar and I opened the jar and it flew out now, look what happened.” And then she proceeded to talk about how this dead bird needed a prayer for the deceased. So there I was at 4pm in the middle of the street, praying for a dead pigeon. We then walked to her hair appointment because she was having a hard time walking away from the bird. We also had dinner with sister Norma. She makes the best chicken. Introduced sister Castagana to some new card games, and tea was spilt, typical exchange 🙏

☀️ Friday go to exchange back and was reunited with sister Shaban. We had weekly planning at the flat and ate half a watermelon with some spoons. Sister Shaban refused to touch my half of it, because I had Turkey for lunch instead of chicken. so our watermelon had a wall in the middle of it that had been hollowed out. 

☀️ Saturday was exchanges with the Slough Sisters. Sister Ferraro joined me and we had so much fun, she navigated the car like a P.R.O (Perfectly Relaxed Operator) The curbs needed cleaning and the trees needed cutting back, so community service was done for the day. I joke but she did really good and I didn't fear for my life even once! (Disclaimer: I got her approval to write and send this) Finding in Slough was great. One of our friends, Lovell came out to find with us. He's never even been to church before, but he wanted to come out and help us invite people to church. We felt like proud parents as we were watching him go up to people and ask them to join us for church. He even tried to get someone's number for us! We also met a man who told us the whole story of how he became homeless, which was really sad, but it was also quite terrifying as he shared way too much. I pepper sprayed Sister Ferrero and me as I was cooking. I added too much Cayenne into the pan and we couldn't stop coughing. Finished the day leading the mission call! 

☀️ Sunday, what a beautiful Sunday we had. Begin the morning on a high note as we surprised Sister Tudela with her birthday celebration! The 8 minute microwave cake came in clutch. 9 people came to church, including a family with 2 girls. It was so precious! Our friend Felix and his friend Maxwell came. Also, Felix is getting baptized next week, so keep him in your prayers. We had great lessons about praying and the sacrament talks that were given were really good for our friends. Right after church, we went to have lunch with Bishop's family where I had the best hamburgers in my life. I also got absolutely destroyed in football by their 9-year-old son. We played MO as a flat and the game evolves as always (I.Y.K.Y.K)

I'm done now. You get no more, and as for why we were in the emergency room. You'll just have to wait till next week…

XOXO gossip girl,

Make your shopping list, 
   Sister Russell 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16