May 4-11

 Here you go.


☀️ Went bowling and absolutely crushed it. Had to show how we do it in North Carolina 💪 We came back home and rested until it was time to begin the day again. 

☀️On Tuesday, normal day. We went to staines district council, and counted how many times the District leader said “right” during the meeting (23 times). I got to go finding with sister Castillo, in Slough, we talked to a Jewish Christian who's read both the Bible and the Quran, it was a very interesting conversation needless to say. But he took a book of mormon, so that was cool. Sister Shaban and I were reunited.

☀️ On Wednesday, we had interviews. That was really fun getting to go talk to President. We had to do a training which went all right. It was really fun getting to see everyone. I've learned so much from him on my mission and it's so weird that he going off to be a general authority, but he has promised me conference tickets for when he gets his first talk in conference ✌️

☀️nothing crazy but we went To bishops house for dinner and we talked with his family about how difficult it would be to sneak 100 birds past airport security in a suitcase… For no particular reason… 

☀️ Friday was great came back home to Slough for the day to work in our area before going back to bracknell from one more night. Got to be reunited with the flat and the sisters. I was so excited to be home. I love Bracknell, but it was good to be back. Not much to report on other than the fact that our friend Felix, who is on date for baptism, is doing absolutely amazing. We had some amazing lessons with him and we're so excited because this brother is progressing and he will be baptized in no time.

☀️ Saturday was great. We moved back into our area so packed all of our stuff and got to go finding in Slough, oh, how great it was to be reunited with the joyous high street. We talked to a man who was telling us all about the Christ Consciousness ( we are all a consciousness of God and at the end our our lives, we merge back into the main entity so God can see what life is like from every human perspective…). Very interesting. We then heard from behind an advertising sign “hey, hey you!” We turn to see this man peeking our partially hidden behind thisbsign and as we lock eyes he begins to chant “Book of Morons… BOOK OF MORONS!” Slough is the best 🤣 We went on a little companion date for our dinner hour, where we went to get some of sister Shaban’s food from home. We came back and finished strong with some mighty teaching and testifying. So it was a great day, especially as we prepared for Sunday.

☀️ Sunday was a beautiful day. We had 8 friends come to church and it was just a beautiful service. A member of the high council came to give Sunday speech. And he talked about the talk given by Dalin H. Oaks at this last conference and about the need to be a peacemaker, and it was just a really great talk to remember that even though I'm always right, I don't always have to prove that I am right and that I can choose to be a peacemaker, so that was a good one. We went home for lunch. I took an amazing nap on the couch. It was fantastic and we also had dinner with a new family who has moved into the ward from utah so that was fun! Not too much happened, we did teach a man who says that God is a woman and that he is very, very close with her. That was a little weird , but he blocked us because he said we did not reciprocate and that was for the best

but anyways, everyone have a great week

As I'm writing this email, I'm sitting on a patch of grass in the Sun, making a flower crown and life could not get any better than this. Life is so good though, God is good. If you forgot what that feels like, just look at the beautiful creations around you, you're all amazing. Have a wonderful week and remember that God loves you.


Touch Grass, 
  Sister Russell 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sept 1-8

Seven ways to say goodbye ✌️🥹

March 9-16